Ancient Indian Ayurveda (an ancient health care system native to the Indian subcontinent) dried herbs to make natural incense. It is used to prevent infections, purify one’s environment, energize the vital life, and aid healing, relaxation, concentration, or energizing.
Omved Dhoops are 100% herbal and are blended strictly following the Panchamahabhoot (the five elements) principle of Ayurveda. Each blend is a harmonious synergy of Seeds and fruits representing Ether, stems & and branches representing Water, roots representing Earth, flowers, and buds representing Fire, and leaves representing Air.
What you need:
- First, light a candle. Holding one side of the incense charcoal tablet with a pair of tweezers, place it on the candle flame. The briquette should start to crackle and glow in about a minute and a half.
- Next, set the charcoal in a container on a bed of sand or use a dhoopdan. The sand layer under the charcoal should be at least 3/4th -1 inch thick.
- Slowly fan or blow on the tablet. The charcoal tablet will stop crackling, and you will see a bright red glow, indicating the tablet is ready to use.
- Use a spoon to measure the amount of dhoop incense powder that you want to put on the glowing tablet.
- You can use the dhoop dan to carry the now-smoking dhoop incense powder around the house.
- The charcoal may continue to burn for two hours after lighting – so don’t just throw it in a wastebasket. Use tweezers to extract the tablet and submerse it in water.
Note: Do not leave a burning dhoop unattended or in the presence of small children.