Of all the days in your life when you want to look your best, your wedding day is probably one of the most important. Not only will your sweetheart be seeing you walk down the aisle, you will also be seen by all of your closest friends and family. Your look will be captured in photos that you will treasure for the rest of your life. This is why it is important to think carefully about your wedding hairstyle and makeup!
Bridal Makeup Tips
- Make sure that your skin is in good condition first, by keeping up a good routine of exfoliating, moisturizing and drinking plenty of water.
- Your makeup should be appropriate to the style of your dress and the theme of the wedding.
- Choose waterproof mascara, as you will probably cry tears of joy a few times during the day!
- Decide on one feature to highlight. For example, you can either have bold red lips or a smoky eye, but both at the same time is too much.
- Ask your wedding planner to carry an emergency makeup touch up kit just in case you need to reapply anything throughout the day.
What to Consider for Your Wedding Hairstyle
First of all, in order for your hair to look as beautiful as possible for your wedding day it is important to keep it in good condition. This is something you can start working toward six to eight months before your wedding. Start growing your hair long, which will give you more options when it comes to the style you want to hear. Look after the health of your hair by eating the right foods, such as salmon, leafy green vegetables and almonds – which will keep it shiny and strong. Also, make sure that you are treating your hair with the right conditioner and shampoo.
When you are choosing your wedding hairstyle, be careful not to select something that is too different than your usual hairstyle. When you look back on the photos, it will feel like your wedding look doesn’t represent “you”. Choose something that is simply a more glamorous version of your natural self, rather than a totally different reinvention. The key is to look like yourself, only better – after all you want your groom to recognise you when you walk down the aisle!
Make sure that you have a wedding hair trial. This is when you get your hair done as a “practice run” in advance of the wedding. This will help you to determine how the style will look and figure out any glitches, so that you know everything will look great on the day of your wedding.