Australia, one of the smallest continents in the world in the southern hemisphere, is universally commended for natural attraction and enigmatic beauty. Australia is the place you will love to be of your family vacations, honeymoon holidays, and nature tour or for a leisure holiday with your loved ones. Australia has some of the most attractive destinations that are blesses with exotic attractions and places of traveller’s interest. Some of the attractions and destinations mentioned below are the ultimate places to visit on a tour to Australia.
The Great Ocean Road:
· This picturesque road is located an hour’s drive from Melbourne.
· It is one of the most beautiful roads in the world. This road runs for two hundred and fifty kilometres and was constructed in memory of the soldiers who were killed in World War II.
· The splendour of this road is that is passes through stunning cliffs and lonely beaches.
· There are numerous places of attraction on the stretch of the road. If you are the type of person who loves hiking, then you will have plenty of opportunities for the same in the Otway National Park.
· There is also the Campbell National Park, situated on the western side of this road and it is renowned for the rocks jutting out from the ocean.
Ayers Rock (Uluru):
· It is located in the Red centre and it is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Centre. It is the world’s biggest monolith rock, positioned against the flat surroundings thus giving it a stark contrast.
· A great number of people visit this place either at sunrise or sunset so as to view the colour change, which is both magical and mysterious.
· Therefore, it is not strange that it is referred as a physical and spiritual centre.
The Great Barrier Reef
· This is one among the top places to visit in Australia.
· It is located off the Queensland coast and is in the Coral Sea. It is the largest coral reef in the whole world.
· One cannot approximate the bio-diversity that is supported by this reef. Here, you will come across the flat back turtle, saltwater crocodiles, Indo-Pacific humpback dolphin, dwarf minke whale, and olive ridley turtles among others.
· You will also come across a large variety of birds in the reef too.
· This is the third largest islands in Australia and next only to Melville and Tasmania.
· This is one of the ultimate places to visit in Australia with children because of the great wildlife it has to offer.
· If you happen to be lucky, you can spot albino wallabies on your visit here. Along with these wallabies, you will also be able to spot some little blue penguins and sea lions among others.
· If your children love animals, they will surely enjoy feeding the blue penguins at sunset.
Sydney Harbor Bridge
· Sydney harbor is a natural harbour. The bridge is located against the backdrop of the harbor.
· Many adventurous people walk across the top of the bridge, which has a steel coat hanger like structure one hundred and thirty four meters above the sea level.
· Those who dare to climb this bridge are rewarded with a panoramic view of the city.
· The bridge is centrally located and therefore approximately twenty percent of the population of Sydney is able to see the bridge at least once daily.
· Amongst the ultimate places to visit in Australia is Kings Canyon, which is located in the Watarrka National Park. It is two hundred and seventy meters deep.
· A trek to the rim of the canyon will lead you to the Garden of Eden swimming hole, the different rock formation of the Lost City.
· It is advisable to start the trek early in the morning so as to avoid being exhausted.
· This will also give you ample time to investigate the areas around the canyon well.
Australia travel journey offers great opportunities for thrill seekers like you. So, plan your vacation in the beautiful continent for the ultimate thrill of your life.