Coco Chanel is the world-famous French fashion house available worldwide. Chanel was founded in 1909 in Paris, France by its founder Coco Chanel. It is a privately held company; currently hold by Alain and Gerard Wertheimer. Alain and Gerard Wertheimer are the grandsons of the partner of Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel, Pierre Wertheime. Chanel is a well-known high class fashion brand which needs no introduction. Chanel specializes in haute couture and ready to wear fashion apparels, perfumes and other luxury accessories. Chanel is available in more than 310 locations worldwide including some popular online ecommerce portals. The company is best known for its some of the famous products which includes perfume no. 5 de Chanel, little black dress and Chanel suit.
First millinery shop of Chanel was established in 1909 in Boulevard Malesherbes at the ground floor of a businessman’s flat, Etienne Balsan. The logo of Chanel was introduced by Château de Cremate and used as the trademark of the company after the launch of its first shop. After that a number of products were added in their collection such as watches, fine jewelry, make-up products, perfumes, fashionable dresses, hats and various more. In Hong Kong, several stores of Chanel are established in various cities and customers can purchase it through some of the famous online retailers also. Company also established a head office in Hong Kong to manage the supplies, for any support related to the business or franchise related queries, contact the officials at Chanel Hong Kong office. Here are the some of the unknown and interesting facts about the founder of Chanel, Coco Chanel.
Unknown Facts about Coco Chanel
- Coco Chanel is always worried about the pockets in the dresses and bags of women. Almost every product of Chanel from 1909 till today had plenty of pockets. There are more than enough specially designed pockets in Chanel bags and dresses.
- The first ever product of Chanel was a hat, which Coco Chanel designed, as hat designing is a hobby of Coco Chanel. Later, the demand of hats increased and some of the design becomes revolutionary too in Paris, as at that time hat becomes a must have accessories of women of Paris.
- Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Vendetta becomes the most selling product of Chanel and people have to join the waiting list to get the product as the demand of the product is too high and company is unable to produce that amount of nail polish.
- During World War 2, four boutiques of Chanel were shut down in 1945. Chanel had total five stores within Paris, but one boutique remained open due to the huge popularity of the Chanel products among the soldiers.
- One of the famous bag of Chanel was named oddly, as the name of the bag is 2.55 Flap Bag in Quilted Aged Calfskin. Actually, the nomenclature of the bag is from the date of launch of that particular bag i.e. February, 1955.
- Most of the products that are produced in early 1900s are still manufactured by the company and available in almost every store of Chanel.
- Chanel’s customer service support is also known to be best among the competitors, contact the customer support department of Chanel within Hong Kong at Chanel Customer Service toll-free helpline number.