Sachin Tendulkar, who is well known as the Legend of Cricket, Master Blaster, for his batting records and the first man to score a double century in a one day international, in the history of cricket. Most of the people in this super fast world call him as the God of Cricket. Everyone sticks to the television sets when he starts batting. People who are set out for work stops or gets into a near by television store or a place where one can watch his batting by leaving all their respective work.
Here are some of the unknown and interesting facts about the God of Cricket:
- Sachin was named after the great and legendary music director Sachin Dev Burman, by his father.
- When he was a child, he used to grew his hair to copy the hairstyle of the legend tennis player John McEnroe.
- When Sachin was around fourteen years of age, another cricketer Sunil Gavaskar gave Sachin a pair of ultra light pads. But, these pads were stolen when Sachin went to Under-15 national camp in Indore.
- Mr. Dilip Vengsarkar gifted Sachin Tendulkar a Gunn & Moore bat when Sachin was selected for Bombay Under-15 team.
- The 14 year old Sachin Tenmdulkar was allowed to use the dressing room of Raj Singh Dungarpur who was an instrumental in changing the minor rules of the Iconic Cricket Club of India despite Sachin’s age.
- In the year 1987 Sachin was rejected by the Australian Great Dennis Lillee at the MRF Pace Academy at Chennai because Sachin wanted to become a fast bowler.
- Sachin was rejected as the Best Junior Cricketer for the year award in August 1987 by the Bombay Cricket Association.
- Sachin was a ball boy during the 1987 World Cup semi-final between India and England at Wankhede.
- Sachin was given the first man of the match in a test at Manchester in 1990 and was awarded a Magnum Champagne bottle. He later opened it 8 years after he was awarded on behalf of his daughter’s first birthday.
- Sachin met his wife for the first time in the Mumbai airport after returning from India’s tour of England in 1990 at the age of seventeen.
- Daniel Radcliffe who was one of the famous actors in British formed a queue for Sachin’s autograph at the end of the game during the 2007 Lord’s Test.
- Anand Mehta, Sachin’s father-in-law, is a 7 time national bridge champion.
- Sachin scored 114 and 52 in his last two innings of the ODI career where he was scored duck in the first two matches of his ODI career.
- Sachin always takes the left window seat of the first row in the team bus.
- Even in the dressing room Sachin was given the first preference to choose his spot and where he chooses a corner and later the remaining team members were rushed to select their places.
- Formula 1 and Roger Federer were the only two that were followed by Sachin despite he understands music and medicine.
- Sachin is most fond of sea food and merits of different wines.
- To score a century in the ODI, Sachin waited for seventy nine matches and finally scored on September 9 in the year 1994, where he already scored 7 test hundreds.
- John Woodcock, correspondent of the famous London Times, when he was in seventy’s said that Sachin is one of the best batsmen that he had ever seen in his life time.
- In the age of nineteen that is in the year 1992, Sachin was the first overseas player to represent Yorkshire county team.
- Sachin was the first batsman to be declared as run out by the third umpire in a match against South Africa on November 14, 1992 at Kingsmead in Durban.
- Raj Singh Dungarpur, the BCCI president said that Sachin was crying in the dressing room when Pakistan won the Chennai test in the year 1999 and Sachin scored a brilliant century in that match.
- Both Sachin and Vinod Kambli registered an unbroken record of 664 runs partnership at the Harris Shield tournament in the year 1988 and avoided eye contact with the assistants of the coach who want them to declare but they still want to bat.
- Gursharan Singh, who played with one hand despite his broken finger to help Sachin score a superb century in the Irani Cup game of 1989 to 1990.
- Sachin scored zero runs against Pakistan in One day International at Gujranwala on 18th December 1989 despite he holds a unique record of holding and scoring a debut century in Irani Trophy, Duleep Trophy, Ranji Trophy.
These are some of the unknown and interesting facts about the Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar, the God of Cricket.