Whether for a home residence or commercial building, there are Drywall Installers Utah contractors who can install drywall, repair drywall and provide drywall finishing. When choosing a residential or Commercial Drywall Utah contractor, it’s important to choose one that is an experienced contractor who can work with all types of drywall. You’ll also want to make sure that the drywall contractor is insured, on time and on budget.
Quality is Paramount
Quality is paramount and the finished product should meet high standards. Here’s a list of steps that Drywall Installers Utah contractors should take to achieve high quality:
- The sheetrock application should comprise of a picture frame style to minimize settlement cracking and joints.
- Electrical boxes should be masked to prevent filling with debris and mud.
- Hanging crews should assist in butt stripping and power planning to prevent bows, dips and humps.
- For high light areas, butt boards should be used to create a smooth and recessed edge.
- Corner metal should be taped on to reduce cracking in the future.
- All hanging needs to be inspected for accuracy.
- L-metal should be installed at the top of all skylights.
- For tub and shower locations, a system needs to be in place to prevent bows.
- Seismic strapping that is cut recessed should be cut out and packed, taped and finished.
- Low-level lights should be used for the final walk through to ensure overall good quality and fix any flaws.
Services provided by Drywall Installers Utah Contractors
In addition to installing new sheetrock, many drywall installers Utah contractors can repair holes and cracks due to water damage or settling. Using specialized materials, these professionals can apply the right drywall finishing and texturing for a smooth look. They are also able to provide drywall additions to commercial buildings and residential structures. Even if you need an acoustic ceiling repair, these pros can get the job done. Residential drywall services also include spray or custom hand texture, work for arches and columns and drywall remodels.
The Costs for Drywall Installation and Repairs
Work complexity, materials and the hourly rate of drywall installers Utah contractors all factor into the price for new sheetrock installations. On average, you can expect to pay $36 to $49 per square foot, including labor and materials. Drywall installation on custom built walls, cathedral ceilings, tray ceilings and vaulted ceilings typically result in a higher cost due to the complexity of the job. For sheetrock repairs, you can expect to pay anywhere from $30 to $35 an hour. Additional costs may include sheetrock joint compound, drywall corner beads, screws and drywall tape. Even through thinner sheetrock is lighter and easier to work with while hanging, the finishing process is the same. Generally, the thickness of the gypsum boards will not affect the cost of installation. If anything, there might be a 10 percent reduction in price if thin sheetrock is used.
If you’re in need of sheetrock installation or sheetrock repair, be sure to check out http://www.ifsdrywall.com/drywall-installers-utah. They are an established contractor with a solid reputation for excellent work that comes with a guarantee of satisfaction.