You see, most of the new Internet Marketers out there are unable to think beyond pasting links on different parts of social media and shouting “PLEASE BUY OUR PRODUCT”, today we are going to concentrate our efforts in finding good ways to promote our products online.
The Internet Marketing business is the fastest growing one as the people use the Internet as their main source of information and their main place to communicate with the others. Seeing this, marketers saw the opportunity of promoting their products for much cheaper and reach more people.
But we already have thousands of freelance and hired marketers that are already occupying the most of the positions, so what are we gonna do? We are going to gain an advantage by not making the mistakes most do and doing things that they are not doing yet.
People in social media will accept your attempts of marketing plus will even trust you as their source for new and quality products as long as they see you contributing with something. Content is the authority here and you better become one by posting a lot of it. Good social media promotion will get you much more leads than a twitter post or spamming your link.
So the steps to promote your content in Social Media are:
- Build yourself a good online social circle (refer to my last article about building an online social circle for steps on how to do it)
- Start a facebook page, twitter fanpage, or the equivalent of a group of information and people on your preffered social network
- If you afford it, make one of these Facebook games or apps about your product (for example, a Romanian newspaper made an app for their website, and they are reaching thousands of Facebook users right now thanks to it)
- Do post infomercials, videos, cool graphics presenting your product in a good light (remember, users prefer to look at pictures rather than read for some reason )
- Promote your stuff inbetween the good content (for example, if you are posting funny pictures in your page, post a link of the stuff you wish to promote between 5 or 10 funny pictures, in a way that will attract attention )
And now we should follow up with things to NOT to do when trying to get your product to get noticed in these social network websites. Let’s start with the most obvious ones right now:
- DO NOT, i mean NEVER EVER, start spamming links on social networks or even trying to get a product noticed more than like 2-3 times in a row without first building yourself a social circle that accepts you first. Not only will your links not be clicked, but they will be associated in your possible client’s minds as to not be clicked and some may even consider it viruses
- Do not send private messages to users with links except if they ask for them.
So this is my to do and not to do list while marketing on social media. Thanks for the read and see you later!